Sunday, March 4, 2012

Starting the Story

I am always trying to get my students engaged and excited about the writing process. I usually gear my class into writing about things they know, things they have personally experienced, but the other day, when we were covering correlative conjunctions, I just wanted something fun and engaging where my students could practice using correlative conjunctions in their own writing! Thus I discovered Scholastic Story Starter!

Scholastic Story Starter is a Web 2.0 tool that will generate a silly story prompt by “spinning a wheel.” Students type in a name, then chose their appropriate grade. Students can then chose the format they wish to write, notebook, postcard, newspaper article, or letter. It is simple and easy to use! My students enjoyed the interactive nature and doing something different!
Get a story starter for yourself! Check it out at the website below!
http://teacher.scholastic.com/activities/storystarters/storystarter1.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment